Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

"I Don't Give Up That Easily"

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests

I follow canon and the words people actually say, rather than deciding what it means for myself. We know Finn likes Rachel, we know he's gonna try and win her back. I'm only arguing because you claim Finn doesn't really want Rachel. Why would he bother then? He'd get a much bigger ego boost by allowing himself to be popular again instead of chasing after the school loser.

RachelBerryfan87

RachelBerryfan87

"I've made it!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,642 posts
QUOTE (thewronggirl @ Mar 14 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone else who saw the episode doesn't post here. There were 2000+ people there. There were quite a few people who agreed with me last night. But there were also people who think what you think. It happens.

have to wait and see on April 13th to see what the rest of gleeks think
especially me

QUOTE (stephanever @ Mar 14 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I follow canon and the words people actually say, rather than deciding what it means for myself. We know Finn likes Rachel, we know he's gonna try and win her back. I'm only arguing because you claim Finn doesn't really want Rachel. Why would he bother then? He'd get a much bigger ego boost by allowing himself to be popular again instead of chasing after the school loser.

preach

nomesters

nomesters

Just know it was you all along who had a hold on my heart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts
QUOTE (thewronggirl @ Mar 14 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw the episode last night at Paley Fest. I didn't like anything about him in the episode. I'm sure others will, but I didn't. So I think since I viewed the episode, my opinion is valid, even if you don't agree with it. smile.gif

ETA: And actually, his the first thing said in his inner monologue was that he wasn't over Quinn. Which I get, but then he was flirting with all of the other girls. And he wouldn't have had any issue being with those other girls had they paid proper attention to him. And since he missed the attention, he missed Rachel.

I don't doubt he realizes he made a mistake, but he doesn't get off that easily to me. That's why I said I hope they make his character better in the later eps, because I'm hoping to change my mind.

I apologize, I didn't realize you had seen the episode. Sry about that.

But everyone else who I talked to who saw it said Finn felt horrible about what he had done, and wants to fight to win Rachel back. We all should know by now Finn has popularity issues. It's what he is gonna have to work through.

Again, I apologize.

thewronggirl

thewronggirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Like I said, I hope in the future they do redeem him. All I said was he doesn't get off that easily to me. It's one thing to realize your mistake, but he really hurt Rachel. When you see the scene where he dumps her, it's just messed up. It doesn't take one 'I'm sorry' and 'I'll fight for you' to make up for it. I'm glad Rachel realizes this, because right now she deserves better. I don't doubt eventually he will be better, but right now, he's just a big mess to me.

starshine

starshine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
I think that if you ship Fichel, you're probably more likely to think that he really means that he's not giving up. If you don't, you're probably more likely to see it the other way.
(Just like if you ship Puckleberry, you're more likely to think that Puck's apology in the bathroom was sincere)

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (thewronggirl @ Mar 14 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, I hope in the future they do redeem him. All I said was he doesn't get off that easily to me. It's one thing to realize your mistake, but he really hurt Rachel. When you see the scene where he dumps her, it's just messed up. It doesn't take one 'I'm sorry' and 'I'll fight for you' to make up for it. I'm glad Rachel realizes this, because right now she deserves better. I don't doubt eventually he will be better, but right now, he's just a big mess to me.

Well I agree with you there. At the moment, Finn doesn't deserve Rachel. He should've sorted his head out before agreeing to date her instead of messing her around. He has a LOT of making up to do before he's redeemed, but this quote is like it's just the beginning. He's telling us that he's not giving up, he'll make himself worthy of her again. And I can't wait laugh.gif

QUOTE (starshine @ Mar 14 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that if you ship Fichel, you're probably more likely to think that he really means that he's not giving up. If you don't, you're probably more likely to see it the other way.
(Just like if you ship Puckleberry, you're more likely to think that Puck's apology in the bathroom was sincere)

Hell I don't ship Puckleberry but I thought it was sincere! I think it showed great growth in Puck's character, and I hate when people say Mark's acting was terrible in that scene sad.gif I didn't take it that way at all

gleekjunkie92

gleekjunkie92

A PPPP Ninja right here :]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,978 posts
QUOTE (starshine @ Mar 14 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EXCATLY! I thought Puck's apology was sincere and I believe that Finn will redeem himself.

rebecca556

rebecca556

Puckleberry ninja! O_O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (stephanever @ Mar 14 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell I don't ship Puckleberry but I thought it was sincere! I think it showed great growth in Puck's character, and I hate when people say Mark's acting was terrible in that scene sad.gif I didn't take it that way at all

Mark's acting was awesome!

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (rebecca556 @ Mar 14 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mark's acting was awesome!

I know! I TOTALLY believed him, I thought the whole scene was really moving. Then I come on here and people are saying "I hope he takes acting lessons between then and the back 9 so I can tell if he's sincere or not" and it makes me sad sad.gif I love Mark, I think he's brilliant!

gleekjunkie92

gleekjunkie92

A PPPP Ninja right here :]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,978 posts
You have to remember that Puck don't normally apologize so the bathroom scene apology was new to him. I believe him every min of it. I am getting sick and tired of people saying that Mark and Amber are bad actors, well to them 'I say you don't like then you get up there and do what they do'.

starshine

starshine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
I don't ship Puck/Rachel or Finn/Rachel, but I think that Puck's apology was sincere. (I actually didn't consider that it wasn't until I came on here and saw that someone said that)
As for the "I Don't Give Up That Easily" line, I'll have to wait and see. (not gonna lie, it's sound totally adorable)

NillyNar

NillyNar

Rachel and Finn are forever yours, Faithfully.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
I'm waiting in anticipation for that line. You always realize what you had when it's gone. I know a lot of people feel bad for Rachel but I also feel bad for Finn. His heart is broken and he doesn't know what he wants. He fell in love with that baby then it was ripped aways from him. He's liked Rachel for a while but he now realizes it was just the wrong time to get involved with her.

What bathroom scene does everyone keep talking about? What episode is that in?

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (NillyNar @ Mar 14 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting in anticipation for that line. You always realize what you had when it's gone. I know a lot of people feel bad for Rachel but I also feel bad for Finn. His heart is broken and he doesn't know what he wants. He fell in love with that baby then it was ripped aways from him. He's liked Rachel for a while but he now realizes it was just the wrong time to get involved with her.

What bathroom scene does everyone keep talking about? What episode is that in?

Mash Up, when Puck gets slushied and Rachel cleans him off

NillyNar

NillyNar

Rachel and Finn are forever yours, Faithfully.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
Ohhh....I get ya. Now I know what you're talking about. Thanks! I think he was sincere. The whole tone of the episode is that he wanted to do something for his mom. I really liked that scene.

meeshyglee

meeshyglee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
QUOTE (thewronggirl @ Mar 14 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi - I saw the episode too - and I get where you are coming from. It is a rollercoaster ride for sure - Finn is a mess - but at the end I think in particular he is very genuine about wanting her. He definitely makes some mistakes, but like you say, I think he will prove himself more and more in the rest of the episodes. I see more of the good in him I guess, but you are right, he is a mess.

QUOTE (starshine @ Mar 14 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree with this - he does have inter-dialogue where he says he really likes Rachel - but he is all messed up - not over quinn or being humiliated.

gleek*

gleek*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
I would agree with this - he does have inter-dialogue where he says he really likes Rachel - but he is all messed up - not over quinn or being humiliated.

That's what bothers me, because if he's not over Quinn and feels humiliated, he should tell the truth to Rachel. She wants him to be honest with her. Rachel is not Quinn.

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (gleek* @ Mar 15 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what bothers me, because if he's not over Quinn and feels humiliated, he should tell the truth to Rachel. She wants him to be honest with her. Rachel is not Quinn.

Yeah I always want Finn to be honest with Rachel, but I understand that he might have trust issues. He's known Quinn & especially Puck a lot longer than Rachel, and they've been lying to him for months so it must be hard for him sad.gif

gleek*

gleek*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
QUOTE (stephanever @ Mar 15 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I always want Finn to be honest with Rachel, but I understand that he might have trust issues. He's known Quinn & especially Puck a lot longer than Rachel, and they've been lying to him for months so it must be hard for him sad.gif

It's hard for Rachel too. When you want to be in a honest relatioship but the other person it not on the same page.

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (gleek* @ Mar 15 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard for Rachel too. When you want to be in a honest relatioship but the other person it not on the same page.

I never said it wasn't, the point is that Finn's the one who's had his entire life ripped from under him recently. They should never have gotten together so soon because he's clearly still reeling from the entire thing and Rachel, who knows him so well, should've seen that.

nomesters

nomesters

Just know it was you all along who had a hold on my heart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts
QUOTE (stephanever @ Mar 15 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said it wasn't, the point is that Finn's the one who's had his entire life ripped from under him recently. They should never have gotten together so soon because he's clearly still reeling from the entire thing and Rachel, who knows him so well, should've seen that.

The problem is that they both want to be with each other, the first thirteen episodes have made it clear they have feelings for each other, so I can understand why, after the Quick lie was out in the open, Rachel would agree to date Finn. She is in love with him, after all. Finn should have made a better choice, he should have realized he needs to deal with his s*** first, but Rachel was blinded by her heart and prob wasn't thinking with her head. Rachel does know him better than anyone, and she should have seen it - they both should have. Their feelings for each other probably masked it, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids