Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Rate "Home" & Official Pre-Show / Show Discussion

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate This Episode (218 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate This Episode

1. One of the best episodes ever! (79 votes [36.57%])

Percentage of vote: 36.57%

2. Amazing, great episode. (51 votes [23.61%])

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

3. It was good. (30 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

4. It was okay, disappointing. (36 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. It was pretty bad. (9 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

6. One of the worst episodes ever! (11 votes [5.09%])

Percentage of vote: 5.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TRAVIS

TRAVIS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Discuss the episode and rate it!

superbatgirl

superbatgirl

Klaine is Endgame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
I hope there will be some Quick. Either way I look forward to it.

psycko

psycko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Critics loved this episode!

Some quotes:
"The April 27 episode "Home" is as perfect as television can get. It flawlessly blends stories about family, fathers and self-esteem with the amazing musical performances by guest star Kristin Chenoweth and series regular Chris Colfer.
If Colfer hasn't already put himself in the running for an Emmy, this episode will ice it. He not only delivers a moving performance as his character Kurt tries to deal with the awkward relationship he has with his father, but he also belts out a show-stopping version of "A House Is Not a Home."
The young performers in this series are so good, it's easy to forget the talented adults, particularly Matthew Morrison as the glee team's coach Will Schuester. Combine his smooth vocals with Chenoweth's angelic voice - spellbinding whether she's singing Springsteen or Bacharach - and the results are extraordinary. Their performance of "One Less Bell to Answer" is musical magic."
http://www.idahostat...premiering.html

"Finally, in the best of the three strong episodes provided for preview, everyone ponders the concept of "Home," and Kristin Chenoweth returns as singer April Rhodes, now back on the bottle."
http://www.stltoday....11?OpenDocument

"Amber Riley, who plays developing diva Mercedes, gets a particularly cheer-worthy moment in the third episode, pulling off a show-stopper with a song I won’t name so as not to ruin its power.
The episode also expands Mercedes beyond the tiresome sassy black girl stereotype."
http://www.pbpulse.c...coated-acidity/

"Episode three is called "Home"and includes another terrific example of this when Mercedes performs Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful," a song which, well, beautifully illustrates what her character has gone through that episode. (To be fair, her actual storyline in that ep is done pretty well, but the song really drives the point home.)"
http://www.afterelto...m/bgwe/04-09-10

TRAVIS

TRAVIS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
No one really posted in here :\

Brad

Brad

I love it when it's Hamburger Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts
^Lol, I was actually worried we forgot to post a discussion thread, because nobody was posting.

I haven't really been crazy about this episode, to be honest.

kalia83

kalia83

TEAM CORY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
So far, so frickin good!
I teared up during the mother-son-talk...

TRAVIS

TRAVIS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
And so everyone knows, I'm still out of town for business, but the internet is SUPER slow here so I won't be doing any updating until I get back home Wednesday night.

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
Was lackluster, I found the episode boring.

The Kurt/Finn/Burt/Carole thing had a few okay moments, but nothing that wowed me.
Mercedes' story was predictable, which I'm surprised I've had to say about Glee. That said, the Quinn/Mercedes scene was really touching.
Cheno took up WAY too much this episode; the first 30 minutes were almost entirely her. Seems like she was put in just for them to say it was a Cheno episode. She had absolutely zero relevance to any plot, considering they didn't even use the roller rink to practice in after all.

The songs were all boring me as well, with the exception of Beautiful, which was quite beautiful.

Best part of the show was the Brittana head-lean during Kurt's song.

I'll give the writer's the benefit of the doubt; any episode that had to follow TPOM would come across as boring.

Egypt-chan

Egypt-chan

You're about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Congratulations, Glee. You've somehow managed to make me start crying 5+ times in just one hour.

ThePik

ThePik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
This was my favorite EP yet, to be honest. I really do think Cheno blends flawlessly with the show, so I have no problems with her at all. Her storyline was hysterical and touching at the same time. And...her songs are totally beautiful biggrin.gif

Mercedes...okey, here's the deal. I have never ever gotten emotional during a show. This made me tear up. After the chit chat with Quinn I just found it so...well...BEAUTIFUL!

Kurt/Burt/Finn/Carole story line is wonderful as well. It creates new drama that doesn't involve a baby. This, I love. It hasn't been resolved and I am SUPER curious as to see how Kurt and Finn interact form now on.

All in all, I freaking LOVED it. But that's just my opinion smile.gif

weareglorious

weareglorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Apr 27 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was lackluster, I found the episode boring.

The Kurt/Finn/Burt/Carole thing had a few okay moments, but nothing that wowed me.
Mercedes' story was predictable, which I'm surprised I've had to say about Glee. That said, the Quinn/Mercedes scene was really touching.
Cheno took up WAY too much this episode; the first 30 minutes were almost entirely her. Seems like she was put in just for them to say it was a Cheno episode. She had absolutely zero relevance to any plot, considering they didn't even use the roller rink to practice in after all.

The songs were all boring me as well, with the exception of Beautiful, which was quite beautiful.

I'll give the writer's the benefit of the doubt; any episode that had to follow TPOM would come across as boring.

Yes to all of this.

My favorite moments were Beautiful, Quinn/Mercedes, and TARJ as food!

The9021OC

The9021OC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
I really need to watch it again before I have a solid opinion.
I did like it, but the Kurt solo was awkward for me the first time.

guhleek

guhleek

Hold up. Did she just say she wanted to eat us?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
This episode felt like what Acafellas felt like for me last September. Not my favorite. But it had a beautiful message. Kurt, Mercedes, and Quinn made me cry.

uberspiffy

uberspiffy

Aspiring to be Batman's nemisis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I loved it. The Kurt-ness, the touching father-son/mother-son moments, the Brittana leaning-head thing. I found myself wiping away little salty drops from my cheeks at least three times throughout the episode. GUUUUUUH. I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN.

melGleek12

melGleek12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
what it lacked in the normal "excitement," it made up for in the emotion. I've never cried so much in a Glee episode. Very touching episode and Major kudos to Chris Colfer and Amber Riley especially.

DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I've got to admit that I bawled like a baby starting with Mercedes and Quinn's scene, and it just steadily continued from then until now.
I loved all the Kurt!angst, but I do agree that Cheno took up too much of the episode.
And I liked 3/5 of the songs (Fire, Beautiful and This House Is Not A Home) so I'm pleased.

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
I loved this episode. Honestly loved it. I know a lot of people didn't, but I really really did.

I totally adore the Finn/Kurt dynamic so this episode was like crack to me anyway laugh.gif All the scenes with their parents were just AMAZING, Chris Colfer murdered every line he had with awesomeness and the Quinn/Mercedes scene actually made me cry. And don't even get me started on Beautiful, which was just freaking amazing.

Seriously, this is one of my favourite episodes so far. The Cheno was a bit overload and her songs didn't do much for me because I wasn't as invested in her character or the emotion behind them, but apart from that it was flawless to me.

rufus

rufus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
While this was a complete opposite to TPOM...I think this episode really showed the depth of the series. The beginning was filled with snippets of humor and story, which is hard to achieve. Kurt really showed some spark in this episode, as did Mercedes ( I was pleasantly surprised at the vulnerability, especially with Quinn).

I couldn't stop laughing during Kurt's House is Not a Home. I would laugh at the awkwardness between him and Finn, and then I would stop to realize the truth behind the song (loved the Brittana part!)

The musical numbers were also low-key, which to me supported the low-key theme of the night. And Home was probably one of the most poignant songs I have heard. Beautiful was also a surprising gem...I was thinking it would be an over-produced number for a song that is so stripped down.

The only part I kind of didn't like was April at Will's apartment. When I thought the song was going to end, it extended even further. And then it got super weird, to the point where I thought they were going to have sex...it was really weird, but I guess it was also sweet?

omgLMS

omgLMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I think some people may not have like it because there wasn't any Rachel in it. I know that i was a little disappointed with that,

But, I got a gleegasm when Mercedes sang "Beautiful". That moment was just amazing.

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
QUOTE (melGleek12 @ Apr 27 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what it lacked in the normal "excitement," it made up for in the emotion. I've never cried so much in a Glee episode. Very touching episode and Major kudos to Chris Colfer and Amber Riley especially.

See, I didn't even find it that emotional. As I said, Beautiful was moving, and so was Mercedes/Quinn, but the rest was just so irrelevant to every plot I can remember. It's Acafellas all over again in terms of plot advancement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids