Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Rate "Theatricality" & Official Pre-Show / Show Discussion

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate This Episode (229 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate This Episode

1. One of the best episodes ever! (113 votes [49.34%])

Percentage of vote: 49.34%

2. Amazing, great episode. (62 votes [27.07%])

Percentage of vote: 27.07%

3. It was good. (32 votes [13.97%])

Percentage of vote: 13.97%

4. It was okay, disappointing. (14 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

5. It was pretty bad. (6 votes [2.62%])

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

6. One of the worst episodes ever! (2 votes [0.87%])

Percentage of vote: 0.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Gleerok

Gleerok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

aww they are finally becoming the dysfunctional family we knew they could be smile.gif

uber_cast

uber_cast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Was anyone else disappointed by how the whole shelby rachel thing ended?

Chocolate Cheerio

Chocolate Cheerio

Queen Bree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Great episode...loved Burt (as usual).

Pokerface was the best song imo.

lulu

lulu

Rachelite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
QUOTE (Dollface @ May 25 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then they did!

yes they did! I was so happy!

Who's That Guy?

Who's That Guy?

WWMD?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
I doubt this is the end of Rachel/Shelby. I'm sure they will interact again in the final.

Princess

Princess

Follow me down...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts
That episode was amazing. The Kurt/Burt/Finn scene was amazing. Chris and Mike were amazing as usual, but...

CORY. I've always thought he was one of the better actors on the show, but MY GOD, he was great in that scene.

I loved Bad Romance, both Kiss Songs, and Funny Girl. I HATED Poker Face with a passion.

Chocolate Cheerio

Chocolate Cheerio

Queen Bree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
QUOTE (uber_cast @ May 25 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was anyone else disappointed by how the whole shelby rachel thing ended?

I certainly was...I think the writers just saw a chance to use Idina and went with it. This whole ''real mother'' storyline was a bit contrived. But that's just me.

Princess

Princess

Follow me down...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts
QUOTE (redatpct @ May 25 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I certainly was...I think the writers just saw a chance to use Idina and went with it. This whole ''real mother'' storyline was a bit contrived. But that's just me.

It's not just you.

Teresa

Teresa

Are you questioning my bad-assness?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
Glee is trending all over the place on Twitter. Asian Vampires, Burt Hummel, Kurt's dad, Towelette, Glee goes GaGa....it's awesome!

Ellaria Sand

Ellaria Sand

Snake Charmer. The Serpent's Whore.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts
Ok...

I still don't get how Rachel figured out about her mom... I think I missed something...

Whatsoever, we somehow realised why Rachel dresses like she does. And that was the fastest makeover ever!

Burt.. wow, speechless. I did cry. I do have a kid, so I know how he must have felt. Poor Kurt... the whole scene he was just shaking... I do want an Emmy for this man. Best scene on gLee. Best scene in TV in a long time. Come one, it's all about murders, mysteries, revelations.. this is just a man who loves his son that much...

Bad Romance AND KISS was epic. But Burt was the top of the cake. He was the EPIC MOMENT.

And... I miss Mike talking! And I saw Matt talking but didnt' catch what he said!! WHAT HE SAID!! THIS IS AN EPIC MOMENT ON GLEE! THEY BOTH TALKED!! AAAH!

delilah

delilah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
LOVED the episode.

I was rotfl at the way the made fun of twilight at the beginning. Tina-"I can't even watch twilight 'cause my mom thinks Kristen Stewart is a b!tch" LOL

The Burt-Finn-Kurt convo was really touching. Well written and well acted. Wow! Tears. And the Quick moment was really cute. Puck finally grew up a bit.

I also loved the Rachel/Shelby storyline. But it was so bittersweet sad.gif I teared up (weird I know) during Poker Face...tough I don't know if it's because of the amazingness of the moment or because I was sad for the caracters. Hope it's not the end of it.

On another note, is it me or does it seems too obvious that Shelby is either going to end up with Quinn's baby or is going to tell her to keep it ?

QUOTE (gamma-normids @ May 25 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok...

I still don't get how Rachel figured out about her mom... I think I missed something...

She realised that Shelby acted just like her when they were spying on VA. Plus, she must have recognized the voice from the tape. That's what I think.

carebear81

carebear81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I doubt this is the end of Shelby/Rachel. I get the feeling the finale is going to set up for a potential relatioship next season. Also was annoyed at all the mentions of her dads, but we still don't see them. Fix that next season Glee.

And speaking of dads.... BURT IS THE MAN!

Jenlynne

Jenlynne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts
QUOTE (delilah @ May 25 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On another note, is it me or does it seems too obvious that Shelby is either going to end up with Quinn's baby or is going to tell her to keep it ?

She's totally going to end up with the baby. Subtle as a dump truck.

gLeekout

gLeekout

You and me could write a bad romance.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
BEST EPISODE OF THE BACK 9 HANDS DOWN.

Where do I even begin?

-The whole Gaga thing was handled perfectly, I loved all the costumes and Bad Romance was EPIC. I also love Kurt so much for being a Gaga freak like me. smile.gif
-The KISS was excellent as well, made my mom especially happy. Shout It Out Loud was high octane and fun.
-HOLY SHIZZ MATT SPOKE!!11!!!1 (I don't even know what he said lol, I was screaming)
-The entire Twilight vamp scene at the begining. Tina owns my soul.
-Finn and Kurt. Where to start with this... I am not a slash person at all, but I really enjoyed their storyline this week. The first Finn/Kurt scene in Kurt's room was intense, and the whole time I was on the edge of my seat. When Burt came in later, I teared up for the first time since Sectionals. When Finn came back with the Glee Club to save Kurt, I cheered. The angst was perfect for these two, and I have to say, they do act a lot like brothers. I hope they end up that way in the future.
-Puck and Quinn. Wow. I can now say I am back on the Quick ship. I was shocked, Puck actually did a genuinely good thing! I really hope that lasts in Funk, but I'm not expecting it since they switched the episode order. ALSO BETH. OMG PERFECT.
-Rachel and Shelby. I'm not the biggest fan of this storyline at all, it just seems a little random. The transition into Funny Girl was a little awkward, and I thought it was silly for Rachel to reveal herself in front of VA like that. I also thought it was lame that Shelby had Jesse stay in ND all this time to get Rachel to find her, only to have her say, "Oh I'm sorry, I can't get to know you." I'm just like, what? I did enjoy Poker Face, though, good number.

I don't have too high of expectations for Funk, the preview made me throw up in my mouth a little when Will/Sue appeared. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

caelae

caelae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (delilah @ May 25 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think she'll take the baby but make sure Quinn and Puck are involved with the baby's life. They'd be a district over...

Of course I hadn't considered that she'd tell her to keep it but maybe that will happen.

JewelOfSong

JewelOfSong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Okay, this episode was flat out amazing! So much to love about it!

Rachel, Quinn, and Mercedes going on a mission to spy on VA was awesome. The Faberry shipper in me squeed a little (I want them to be friends SO BAD on the show).

And Rachel's reveal to Shelby that she was, in fact, her daughter, was awesomely done. I stand corrected - Shelby's intentions weren't as shady as I thought them to be. But it turned out to be a less than ideal situation.

The Finn/Kurt/Burt stuff was incredible. So much emotion, and what Burt said to Finn and the way he said it was perfect. I'm glad to see that Kurt has accepted that Finn's not into him. But it still needed to be addressed directly, b/c Finn had obvious hangups about it. But when he realized how he had done wrong to Kurt, the way Finn sang to Kurt and then standing up to those jocks (along with the rest of Glee all in Gaga/KISS) was EPIC!

Speaking of EPIC - the music! Quinn in "Bad Romance" owns my soul right now. The whole number was amazing. And I've never been much of KISS fan, but watching the boys perform was so much fun. And Matt FINALLY spoke. biggrin.gif And Mike had another line. smile.gif Puck finally understanding more of what it means to be a good dad was great, and I hope he is there for Beth/Drizzle's birth. Indina was awesome, as I expected. Her duet with Lea on "Poker Face" gave me goosebumps.

And I LOVE that Brad the Piano Guy is always around. laugh.gif Oh, the things he's probably witnessed.

lulu

lulu

Rachelite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
QUOTE (Jenlynne @ May 25 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's totally going to end up with the baby. Subtle as a dump truck.

omg..that could totally happen!

Princess

Princess

Follow me down...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts
QUOTE (gamma-normids @ May 25 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Burt.. wow, speechless. I did cry. I do have a kid, so I know how he must have felt. Poor Kurt... the whole scene he was just shaking... I do want an Emmy for this man. Best scene on gLee. Best scene in TV in a long time. Come one, it's all about murders, mysteries, revelations.. this is just a man who loves his son that much...

God, yes. Give this man an Emmy.

Emme

Emme

Hufflepuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
I voted amazing, only because they didn't address the Jessie thing. I think some editing had to of happen to this episode to take Jessie out of the VA scenes. I also hope the episodes are in the order originally intended on the DVD.

Vampires, Bad Romance, Beth, and the scene with Burt were my favorite moments. Mike O'Malley FTW!

angelofmusic76

angelofmusic76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
They never should have switched these episodes because some of it looked stupid. That being said, the part with the confrontation and argument with Finn/Kurt/Burt was fantastic but lousy resolution especially considering Kurt wasn't completely a victim here. I also think the writing for the mother/daughter storyline just wasn't what it could be. Those actresses sold it for me, but the writing seemed flat and rushed. I also think there were too many storylines in one episode.

I think they should have connected Shelby to the Jesse/Rachel situation, but that seems to be out of the question.

Plus, WHY can't ONE person of the female persuasion comfort Rachel once in a blue moon? I wasn't pleased with Puck's mouth about her, but he did great with the Beth angle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids