Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

How could ND place last?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ryderlover

ryderlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

When I saw the episode, I was so pissed to see that ND not only lost to VA, but they also lost to AI. This shocked me and I was worried the club was going to come to and end. How did this happen that they lost to BOTH competitors? angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

tourjete

tourjete

You don't want to be late for your appointment at Supercuts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
I'm going to guess that the other teams were simply better. Judges usually don't judge these things on the amount of heart, and there were parts of ND's medley that weren't even choreographed and instead looked like everybody freestyling. Compare to Bohemian Rhapsody, where every second was choreographed and executed perfectly.

ryderlover

ryderlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
Kelly, VA was pretty good, but AI was not that great, but yet they placed in front of ND as well. Before the episode, the only placement order I was hoping wouldn't happen would be VA in 1st and AI in 2nd and ND in 3rd, but that was the placement. I wanna know how they lost to both teams, even AI.

StacysMom

StacysMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Here's how I think the voting broke down. If there were 3 teams we can assume for each judge a team can get a maximum of three points, then whoever had the most points won, 2nd most points took 2nd, etc.

We already saw Sue's ballot:

1)ND
2)AI
3)VA

here's what I think the other ones looked like:

ONJ's ballot:

1)AI
2)VA
3)ND

JB's ballot:

1)VA
2)ND
3)AI

Newscaster who's name I forget's ballot:

1)VA
2)AI
3)ND

so by going on the point theory, here's how many points each team would have based on those ballots:

VA
1 from Sue, 2 from ONJ, 3 from JB, and 3 from newscaster dude, 9 points total

AI
2 from Sue, 3 from ONJ, 1 from JB, and 2 from newscaster dude, 8 points total

ND
3 from Sue, 1 from ONJ, 2 from JB, and 1 from newscaster dude, 7 points total

I'm of course assuming a lot here, namely that ONJ voted for AI solely for their pandering to her vanity (though I think her lines leading up to the voting can allow for that to be safely surmised) and that JB probably kept it to himself, but also voted pretty fairly, and truly took into consideration who he felt did the best. I'm also assuming that newscaster dude voted VA first strictly because it was Queen, but again, I'm assuming a lot here.

I've also put entirely too much thought into this.

imaginemagic

imaginemagic

Omniscient Gleek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (StacysMom @ Jun 11 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's how I think the voting broke down. If there were 3 teams we can assume for each judge a team can get a maximum of three points, then whoever had the most points won, 2nd most points took 2nd, etc.

We already saw Sue's ballot:

1)ND
2)AI
3)VA

here's what I think the other ones looked like:

ONJ's ballot:

1)AI
2)VA
3)ND

JB's ballot:

1)VA
2)ND
3)AI

Newscaster who's name I forget's ballot:

1)VA
2)AI
3)ND

so by going on the point theory, here's how many points each team would have based on those ballots:

VA
1 from Sue, 2 from ONJ, 3 from JB, and 3 from newscaster dude, 9 points total

AI
2 from Sue, 3 from ONJ, 1 from JB, and 2 from newscaster dude, 8 points total

ND
3 from Sue, 1 from ONJ, 2 from JB, and 1 from newscaster dude, 7 points total

I'm of course assuming a lot here, namely that ONJ voted for AI solely for their pandering to her vanity (though I think her lines leading up to the voting can allow for that to be safely surmised) and that JB probably kept it to himself, but also voted pretty fairly, and truly took into consideration who he felt did the best. I'm also assuming that newscaster dude voted VA first strictly because it was Queen, but again, I'm assuming a lot here.

I've also put entirely too much thought into this.

I was wondering about that, but I think Josh Groban and Rod Remington's votes would have gone the other way around.

gleecopter

gleecopter

Dream Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Well I guess AI did suck up to the judges, and no offence to ND, but Bohemian Rhapsody was amazing!

But besides, how easy would it be if ND won or placed? If they won, it would be like "Yeah we won, awesome! .... didn't see that cliche coming..."
And if they placed, it would be like "Well, we didnt win but Glee club still goes ahead, so...yeah.... Good job!"

By having them lose it gives the episode some complication, character exploration (eg with Sue) etc etc

fanforever18

fanforever18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I just hate the fact that New Directions lost and Olivia Newton John was such a sour puss and only cared about herself!

Sorry Oli but you STINK!

But anyway, I agree with the way StacysMom set the scores up. smile.gif

starlitautumn

starlitautumn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Honestly, in my head, Josh voted for ND, with his whole big 'HOW ABOUT THOSE NEW DIRECTIONS' spiel. So at that point, the voting no longer makes sense, because with sue and josh both putting ND at the top, there is no way for ND to hit the bottom.
S J O R
ND 3 3 1 1
AI 2 1? 3 2
VA 1 2? 2 3

Or anything of the sort.

So in order for them to LOSE, JB would have to have had a total mind change. The voting made no sense to me.

SingingChic0705

SingingChic0705

Fichel Forever <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I think that I agree with StacysMom about the voting, especially JG's because although he was impressed with New Directions, I think that he realized, like us, that Vocal Adrenaline just had a better performance overall, and I think ONJ's argument swayed him a bit. I think that the writers wrote the judges' scene to reflect their voting and tried to make it make sense, but they had to leave some things to be assumed by us so that there was some level of suspense as to who won.

TheOfficalGleek

TheOfficalGleek

Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
i remeber watching something where one of th ecast emembers said that they filled an episode where they won and they filmed an episode where they lost and and everyone thought that it would make more sense if VA won and ND came in last place... i dont remeber where i saw this but thats it

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,799 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
From what we heard from Aural Intensity, I though New Directions were better.

TO1980

TO1980

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

From what we heard from Aural Intensity, I though New Directions were better.

But in show choir, you need to sing and dance. Even if ND outsang AI, AI may have outdanced ND (which wouldn't be very hard to do with ND's incredibly sloppy choreography and dancing).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids