Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

"Can't Fight This Feeling" - Cory Monteith - REO Speedwagon

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Jessi

Jessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

QUOTE (gleek93 @ Sep 4 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think its kinda cool that cory's voice isnt perfect. its just like when pierce brosnan sang in mamma mia! and everyone hated it, but i thought it was really cool, coz it showed that not everyone has a perfect singing voice. it makes it more realistic.

You are so right!

ndpndntfilm

ndpndntfilm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I like this song. It helped me rediscover Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Chicago.

Is it weird I liked the version Cory sang in the shower more than the studio version?

Jock♥ff2000

Jock♥ff2000

Galinda HBIC

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts
^ No I feel the same way

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
^Ditto, though the studio version is slowly growing on me ph34r.gif

ZER0 C00L

ZER0 C00L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm one of the sad, retarded masses who appreciates the voice of anyone who can carry a tune... so I was very much impressed with this song when I first heard it (which happens to have been about 3 minutes ago). I can tell the difference between a voice like his (he can, as stated, pretty much carry a tune) and a voice like Lea Michele (professionally trained, Broadway quality, nearly perfect, etc)... but I'm still impressed with either one.

Like some others have been saying, I'm actually glad that not everyone ends up being a knock-your-socks-off singer. Of course we'll have some of those because most highschools have their "big stars", but then there are the other folks (like Finn/Cory) who contribute their decent singing to the diversity of voices in the club and have the potential to get better.

I WANT people to improve on this show. I don't want everyone starting at the peak of the mountain and them I'm stuck having to watch them perched there for the remainder of the series. Some people should climb, some people should fall, some may never reach the top, some will, some will get there again, etc. That's highschool for ya. It's all still very much a process.

Feel free to ignore me, by the way. In general I'm roundly ignore in message boards so it won't be anything new for me.

Cheers!

gleek93

gleek93

Werri+Carma 4 lyyyyf guiise <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
Now available on the Australian iTunes Store!

Serendipity

Serendipity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (ZER0 C00L @ Sep 14 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WANT people to improve on this show. I don't want everyone starting at the peak of the mountain and them I'm stuck having to watch them perched there for the remainder of the series. Some people should climb, some people should fall, some may never reach the top, some will, some will get there again, etc. That's highschool for ya. It's all still very much a process.

I wholly agree - the performance isn't 100% perfect, but he can carry a tune. I am pretty sure he'll get loads and loads better by the end of the season... all the practice and training, who knows...

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
Been listening to this all day, it's not perfect, but it sounds like a lot of heart to it, it's lovely. wub.gif

GleeTX

GleeTX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Sep 23 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been listening to this all day, it's not perfect, but it sounds like a lot of heart to it, it's lovely. wub.gif

That is exactly why I like it! There is a certain joy about busting out with a song in the car or where ever. He just happens to sound good. smile.gif

jasonbres

jasonbres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
I was listening to the Glee songs and the original versions side by side and I couldn't help but notice that in the "Glee Cast Version" of this song, they skipped at least one verse!

theluckyc

theluckyc

CERTIFIED Finn Hudson and Cory Monteith FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
QUOTE (jasonbres @ Sep 29 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was listening to the Glee songs and the original versions side by side and I couldn't help but notice that in the "Glee Cast Version" of this song, they skipped at least one verse!

yeah..and in STL they added one lol

Dominick

Dominick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
This is one of my favorites. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids