Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Watch with Kristin Updates

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

Kyls★

Kyls★

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

I just don't understand the appeal in Puck/Rachel. Honestly, it baffles me.

Okay, so I can understand the "they look hot together" even if I don't necessarily agree. But shouldn't it be about more than that?

Oh, and I hope they don't just try to please fanbases, because that is what ultimately screws up shows.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
QUOTE (Kyls★ @ Nov 11 2009, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't understand the appeal in Puck/Rachel. Honestly, it baffles me.

Okay, so I can understand the "they look hot together" even if I don't necessarily agree. But shouldn't it be about more than that?

Oh, and I hope they don't just try to please fanbases, because that is what ultimately screws up shows.

Kristin seemed to add her on wording: like the producers never said they were on board with Puchel. But, I would like for the writers to just explore a friendship.

But, honestly Glee is kind of an amped up, more updated version of Popular (another Ryan Murphy creation)

You have your rivarly/frienemies in Sam/Brooke (Rachel/Quinn), the random episodes that last an episode or 2 (josh/sam, Lily/carmen, Lilly/Harrison, etc...), then you had the random musical numbers and such.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
Nothing big:

Sarah in Tacoma, Wash.: Gimme some Glee!

Amber Riley tells us: "We have a Christmas song coming out this year—we just recorded it. It took a very long to time to record because we were joking around in the studio, but it's one of those older Christmas songs. We modernized it, but people are going to love it." Honestly, what could be better than a little Glee at Christmas!?

MacyLightfoot

MacyLightfoot

I've Got The Vapours Y'all!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
QUOTE (Cheetara86 @ Nov 17 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing big:

Kristin sucks eggs.

She didn't even name it, as if we don't already know what it is.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Well Kristin has officially proven she has no life by creating a Puck vs Finn(for Rachel) debate page and to no ones surprise it is getting ugly.

Do people actually think Murphy gives a flying f about fan reaction. If he did the two guy characters on Nip/Tuck would have come out of the closet long ago and would be together right now.

He has a vision and nothing stops him from seeing it through. Fans can tag along but he wont let them influence his work.

MacyLightfoot

MacyLightfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
QUOTE (Radames125470 @ Nov 29 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Kristin has officially proven she has no life by creating a Puck vs Finn(for Rachel) debate page and to no ones surprise it is getting ugly.

Do people actually think Murphy gives a flying f about fan reaction. If he did the two guy characters on Nip/Tuck would have come out of the closet long ago and would be together right now.

He has a vision and nothing stops him from seeing it through. Fans can tag along but he wont let them influence his vision.

Those polls are rediculous. I was looking in the Puchel thread and they were saying c'mon guys we have to go and vote and make sure Puck wins. And it's like obviously if a group of people are spending an hour voting over and over again you can't take the results as meaning anything.

Kyls★

Kyls★

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
It's too spammable for me to take seriously. I just hope no one else does.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Its a waste of time. Murphy did all he was going to do with Puchel in Mash-Up. Showcasing them as each others distractions from who they really want(Finn and Quinn).

After the last episode and Finn telling Rachel he likes her for who she is and does not find her annoying while everyone else does. As well as in the last episode where Mr.Schue gave her the speech about finding someone to take her for her faults and that the fact might be that is what he loves best about her. I say Hairography sealed the deal on who the guy was.

As for Quick, this episode(Hairography) also solidified they are OTP. They have another obstacle to go through, Puck's problem.

With the back 9 I fully expect Puck to mature in the department of flirting with other women especially if the truth comes out, since its most likely he will be the only one of the only people there for Quinn(along with some of the gleeks).

I thought what Puck did was very in character(sexting with Santana) as it goes, and being a teen in his situation he will most likely be maturing over the course of the series as well. He seemed to already been starting to see the errors in his way during "True Colors".

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
Yeah, Fichel is OTP, get over it Kristin, they actually enjoy each others' company, unlike Puchel. laugh.gif

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Nov 29 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Fichel is OTP, get over it Kristin, they actually enjoy each others' company, unlike Puchel. laugh.gif

I cant understand Puchel shippers.

Yes Puck and Rachel had "chemistry", yes they kissed but did they not look at the context of the scene. That scene alone should tell you this couple were using each other as distractions.

In there final scene Rachel can read people like an open book so I think it is safe to say she was right on the fact that Puck joined Glee because of Quinn, and that he loves her and wants to be closer to her.

Rachel is very perceptive to everything around her. From just a few lines she was able to pick up Mr.Schue's feelings for Emma, from just one glance she(along with Finn) were able to pick up that Emma loves Will.

Rachel is very knowing to what goes on around her so I take her view as the truth when she was talking to Puck in there final scene.

You need to not just look at the chemistry between the actors.

In the Harry Potter movies Dan and Emma(Harry and Hermione) in my opinion have the best duo chemistry, but you have to put that aside for context of there scenes.

Chemistry is in the eye of the beholder, but sometimes you have to knock the idea of "oh they look cute together" and take in the context and message of the scenes the actors are placed in.

Kyls★

Kyls★

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
^ Agreed.

MacyLightfoot

MacyLightfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
I agree about the Puchel shippers, but then people are shipping Quinn/Rachel, and Puck/Kurt from absolutely nothing so each to their own and all that.

The one thing I think most people can agree on is that a Puck/Rachel weird awkward sort of friendship would be something that might work. If the powers that be are going to listen to anything fans are saying I wouldn't mind if they listened to this.

I do worry sometimes when I see things like this that the powers that be will change their plans to suit what it appears fans want. The only saving grace here is that I've read numerous times that Ryan and the rest of them have like 2 or 3 seasons planned out already so I just hope they stick to whatever their original plans were.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
A friendship was potentially hinted at during there final talk in Mash-Up, so I can and would like to see that as well.

MacyLightfoot

MacyLightfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
QUOTE (Radames125470 @ Nov 29 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friendship was potentially hinted at during there final talk in Mash-Up, so I can and would like to see that as well.

I'd like if after the secret comes out Rachel doesn't do what we'd all expect her to do. That is take sides with Finn and try and use it to hook up with him. I'd like it if she refused to take sides and sympathised a little with Puck and still wanted to be his friend thereby creating friction with Finn, and then we'd have more drama for Fichel, which let's face it is what people actually want to see with their ships.

rachelclone11

rachelclone11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
oh snap i like that idea...anything that makes finn realize how much he DOES love rachel works for me!!!! he needs some sort of a wake-up call, but i think the groff episode will do it anyway

sherbobm

sherbobm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I cant understand Puchel shippers.

Yes Puck and Rachel had "chemistry", yes they kissed but did they not look at the context of the scene. That scene alone should tell you this couple were using each other as distractions.

Agree with completely. I actually made the mistake of reading some of the comments section of that poll. Just...wow. Absolutely the worst parts of glee fandom. I'm kind of coming to despise Kristen as I can only imagine the cast or writers reaction when she inevitably throws this Puchel "victory" in their face as some sort of mandate from the "fans" for Puchel being the new "endgame" couple.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
I don't think you guys have to worry. Just like when she did these polls for Smallville and Lost, it does not matter. Its just her way of getting hits and creating drama. When she did the smallville thing, i think Chloe/Clark won (and look what happen with that.)

Ryan and others already have their vision and a spammable poll is not going all of a sudden make them change it. I remember some of the mods at E! online were getting on some people for spamming during the Lost poll.

Its basically about which fanbase has more time on their hands.

starshine

starshine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
QUOTE (MacyLightfoot @ Nov 29 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like if after the secret comes out Rachel doesn't do what we'd all expect her to do. That is take sides with Finn and try and use it to hook up with him. I'd like it if she refused to take sides and sympathised a little with Puck and still wanted to be his friend thereby creating friction with Finn, and then we'd have more drama for Fichel, which let's face it is what people actually want to see with their ships.

That would be perfect! I may spend a lot of time in the Puck/Rachel thread, but I just want them to be friends (and have a duet)
I really, really wish that Puck would have told Rachel about the baby instead of Mercedes.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
Honestly, I think the only side rachel will choose in this issue is Finn. I don't think Kristin understands that she can't control how Ryan and the other writers will write for the show.

MacyLightfoot

MacyLightfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
The Smallville fans always make me laugh. It's a fact that Clark is going to end up with Lois. He can hook up with every other female character on the show if he wants but Clark Kent and Lois Lane are hardcore FACT. laugh.gif and yet the fans still try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids