Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

How many more seasons do you think Glee will have?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

KagomeRulz

KagomeRulz

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts

I'm thinking 2 more so they have 5 seasons and more than 100 episodes for syndication.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,512 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
I think I read somewhere that you actually only need 88 episodes or four full seasons for syndication, which they would have with 4 seasons already, assuming that season 4 indeed has 22 episodes.

KagomeRulz

KagomeRulz

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts
Oh I'd always heard 100 was the magic number, but I could very easily be wrong. The number could also be lower than it used to be because TV has changed so much with all the channels now available.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,868 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
Cable has changed things. 100 was always the number but now 88 is acceptable for syndication. The more the better still.

How many seasons... 5 at most but not a certainty.

I think they should have reconned and just followed this group for the full 4 years of HS.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts
The ratings of season 3 were still quite good. And Glee has a new timeslot in season 4, which I think is better than the last one. So I suspect season 4 will also get good ratings and there will be a season 5 because of this. Maybe there will be more seasons. Glee has a lot of young viewers, what the advertisers love. So it doesn't need very high viewer numbers to survive like series, which a lot of pensioners watch.

Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

Easy, love!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,746 posts
  • GFA '13: Biggest Pimp
1 tops.

KurtBurtFan22

KurtBurtFan22

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,046 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Artist
  • GFA '14: Best Artist
If I had to make a wild guess, I will say Glee will be on the air for at least 6 seasons.

However, I do think it could last longer and become better, if they do say goodbye to certain characters.
(cough) by Rachel Berry. (cough) Finn Hudson.

As much as people love them, I think it's their time to leave.

They need to go back to season one and recreate it for a new generation of students.

Take these kids you find on the glee project or other unknown talent actors and actresses and put them on the show!

Give them some good material and songs to sing.

People will continued to watch.

Well, at least I will. :)

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,512 posts

However, I do think it could last longer and become better, if they do say goodbye to certain characters.
(cough) by Rachel Berry. (cough) Finn Hudson.

Hm, how so? I mean, how is it more time for Rachel and Finn to leave than for Kurt, for instance? Or do I misunderstand your post here and you actually mean all the original cast?

Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Hm, how so? I mean, how is it more time for Rachel and Finn to leave than for Kurt, for instance? Or do I misunderstand your post here and you actually mean all the original cast?

I think to some extend she was trying to say the original cast, but then you can't really take away Kurt, because Blaine is still in ND. Unless Klaine is over.

If that does happen, I would say season four is definitely a big turning point for Glee and it has to be successful in order to keep the audience. However, when I look at the spoilers, I think the writers have the intention to end Glee within two seasons.

Graffme

Graffme

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,842 posts

I'd like to know this, too. I understand wanting the entire original cast to move on, but just Rachel and Finn? Hmm.

This is just my opinion, but I feel like they have 2 more seasons plotted out. They're not guaranteed season 5, so they probably have an alternate arc in case everything needs to be wrapped up this season, but I think they'd prefer to have the extra time. If it went beyond season 5 I think all of the main players would be gone, and Murphy, et al, would merely be figureheads.

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

i don't suppose you could kiss my ass?

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,908 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
Part of me wishes last season had been the last.

Not because I don't think I'll enjoy Season 4 (I'm sure I will), but because I'll probably have to do it alone. I have no intention to be around when the fandom gets even nastier and more worked up because a packed cast in two different cities will make it harder for certain fan favorites to be in the spotlight.

mysticgirl916

mysticgirl916

Matthew Morrison Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

POPULAR

I'm just not going to let the haters get to me, I'll continue to enjoy Glee until the very end. And when that time comes, I will still have my CDs, DVDs and fanfiction to fall back on and reflect on all the positive things that the show has given me

Mrs. William Schuester

Mrs. William Schuester

My Loves

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts
  • GFA '13: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Will Stan
I'm thinking that Glee will go to season 5 and then end it there. They've always talked about having 5 seasons and I think they'll probably get their wish. I can't see the show going on longer than that even though I wish Glee could last forever.

glost

glost

Twerkin for Corndogs XD

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,253 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Artie Stan
I honestly do see it ending around season 5, I will miss it and all but the show would get to confusing going back and forth, they should just use the next seasons too start ending the characters stories, and end the show before it loses its fans and has too stop that way

Aarik

Aarik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
One thing that I think will be key for Glee to continue in the long run is to create a relationship amongst the core cast that no one would expect to work and for fans to care about.

Two long running shows come to mind that had major change.in their fourth season...Friends and the original Beverly Hills 90210

Friends' Season 4 is where Chandler and Monica's relationship begun in the season finale. I would think that this couple was very popular and very refreshing.

90210's Season 4 second half played on the Brandon/Kelly just friends dynamic leading into a relationship that began in its season Finale. If I recall Season 4 of 90210 was its highest rated..

The key here is that both these couples were part of the core cast. No new hire. Someone from the original cast.

I could be totally off base here, its something I thought of that could spice up the show.

But who? and that is a different discussion all together!

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts
If the show is bold and lets go off characters as they graduate and keep the action centred to McKinley then I can see it lasting for many more seasons. Characters who graduate can be brought back but it has to be within the McKinley narrative because having a split narrative between McKinley and multiple graduates (if every season keeps the most popular graduates) at a separate location will just be too much and too confusing and none of the characters will get developed properly for the audience to care about them. They should have a spin-off for some of the graduates to go to and keep Glee solely focused on McKinley. If they don't get a spin-off they should just keep to one narrative; McKinley.

I'm thinking 2 more so they have 5 seasons and more than 100 episodes for syndication.

Stupid question alert; what is syndication and why is it so important for Glee to get it?

Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Stupid question alert; what is syndication and why is it so important for Glee to get it?

In my understanding, basically syndication is when the right of a tv show is sold to the local stations, aimed the show to be widely acrossed the country, which brings a lot of profit for the producer. Syndicated show will be aired five days a week rather than aired weekly, and that potentially brings new viewers to watch. Normally for a show to be syndicated, it must have at least 88 episodes, some will say 100. This is because 88/ 100 episodes would proven the show has quality to keep the fans, besides, as it is aired five times a week, 88 episodes give you a long airtime.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts
^ thank you! :)

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,512 posts
The creators have made it very clear that they are not going to abandon graduates who they care about, in particular Rachel, Kurt, Finn, and Santana. There is going to be a split narrative, shifting between New York and McKinley. All suggestions that it should be different are futile, the basic decision has been made. Whether it will work on screen remains to be seen, but it's a bit disingenuous to suggest at this point that only keeping the focus on McKinley would save the show, because nobody can prove or disprove that the audience would have connected to a whole new set of characters. The show kept the focus on McKinley in season 3 -- and still bled a third of its audience.

jujubee

jujubee

Don't bother Rachel, she's brainstorming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
I'm sorry I can't cite the source here, but I seem to recall one of the Fox Execs (IIRC Dana Walden) saying that Ryan Murphy was contracted to be the showrunner for 5 years, and he planned on giving up being the showrunner after that. She said she didn't know how Glee would go on with out him at the helm, what Glee would look like. After reading that I got the impression that they would get 5 seasons (unless something went terribly wrong, that is), but after that it was iffy. I think Fox TV wants to keep Murphy happy -- he has a lot of lucrative shows.

I think they'll get the 5th season to wrap things up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids